Follow by Email

Google Search

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Go out of your way to do something nice for a stranger!

Going out of your way to do something nice for a stranger will give you so many blessings. Not only will the person be happy , it will make you happy too! On a regular basis, I run out and give the trash men that pick up our trash in the neighborhood water. That's what I started out doing awhile back. Now I give them water and snacks too when I have it. One of the men said, "you are so good to us. Thank you"! Even if I am not there the day they pick up trash , they ALWAYS bring my trash bin right up the driveway in front of our garage door. I know this may not seem significant to some but, when you value another person in small ways it elevates YOU in big way. You can try giving something to a stranger whatever it may be, whether you let them go ahead of you in the grocery line or , pay for their meal at the drive thru,or a kind word, it is always nice to do something for someone that does not expect it. I challenge you to go out of your way today, tomorrow whenever you can and do something nice for a total stranger. You never know what a blessing you may bring to them and back to yourself.

2 comments:

Stephanie Hathcock said...

My name is Stephanie. I recently found out that I have a quickly growing tumor that hopefully surgery can remove but the day before my first doctor's appointment, on March 12 2014 I was in a car accident on my way home from work. I had only been at my job which is in the medical field for a couple of months so I was fired the day after the accident for having to call in due to their strict policies on new employees. Which means I have now lost my medical benefits. Because we were paid weekly for only the days we work each week my check was now only for 3 days. My car was deemed a total loss due to its age and mileage and the $1500 the insurance was going to pay me for my car actually went to the title loan company that I had recently obtained a loan from only a few weeks prior to this accident. This has left me now with no money, no car, no medical insurance, and now no job which is now causing me to become homeless. Since this accident I have starved & gone without clean clothes & even without toilet paper. I have applied for unemployment benefits but was denied and I've gone through all of the public resources that I could to find help but have been unsuccessful. Now I'm being evicted from my apartment due to not paying rent which I could have paid with no problem if this accident wouldn't have happened. I have nobody that I can turn to for help. My mother has recently passed away & my friends have tried to help as much as possible but their resources are limited. I spend my days applying for work and going on interviews but haven't had any luck yet due to the lack of transportation. My apartments have been very understanding but have had no other choice but to file eviction papers against me & now I am about to be put on the street and lose everything that I've worked so hard for. I'm a good honest & hard working woman who is feeling very lost and alone & scared right now. I've been homeless once before and I never want to feel it again!. I'm only trying to keep a roof over my head. I spend a lot of my time praying but lately I'm mostly crying with great fear of losing everything. I hate asking for help but at this point I've got no other choice. If you can please find it in your heart to help, any amount of help that you can give is greatly needed and appreciated. I believe in paying it forward and I'm hoping that someone would please listen and hear my cry for help. My first grandchild is due in 2 months and I don't want her to have a homeless Grandma all because of an accident that wasn't even my fault. I've always been there to help anyone that I can but now I am having to ask for help for myself. My first grandchild will be here in 2 months and instead of planning my trip to be there for her birth, I am now worried and scared that I'll be sleeping on the street. This unfortunate accident has hurt me in more ways then losing my car so I'm asking you to PLEASE pay it forward & help a neighbor in need.

Anonymous said...

http://www.gofundme.com/the-mcdonalds-burnt-house-to-new